Friday 14 October 2016

Developing in my research for my own music magazine


 To develop ideas for my own music magazine I researched iconic music magazines throughout history. A few examples I found incorporate a cartoon or animated style to the main image; this is something I would not incorporate myself in my music magazine as I do not believe it fits in with the genre of music chosen. It adds a certain comical element which also appeals to the younger audiences.
 
 
 
Other magazines I researched incorporate sex, nudity, drugs and violence to appeal to their target audiences. The better magazines, I believe , are the ones like "Rolling Stone" and "Vanity Fair", due to their simplistic design.
The main image therefore is the main attraction to the magazine which I would like to try and incorporate into my own music magazine.     






What makes an iconic magazine?

In a lot of different music magazines there is a pattern in representing nudity in the main image or sometimes violence. To make a music magazine cover iconic, it has to memorable therefore by incorporating certain aspects that would shock the reader or appeal to them it is profound in standing out from other magazines. Many magazines become iconic due to the fact that sex sells.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment