Saturday 26 November 2016

Technology

To construct my magazine I will be using the choice of two editing software's, "Pixlr" and "Canva".






"Pixlr" is an online image editor that allows me to upload my images and adapt them to appear as I want them to.










This is an example of one of my images being edited on "Pixlr"; here it is visible that there are six folders at the bottom of the screen which expand to provide further editing tools and effects. In this example the 'adjustment' folder is expanded revealing the various editing tools of 'airbrush', 'blur', 'brighten', 'colour', 'crop' as well as many others.

Here the 'effect' folder has been expanded revealing eight more folders which all focus on different effects to place on the image. When you click on one of these effect folders more choices are available to choose from therefore, giving me a wide range of choices for my images.





The 'overlay' folder gives the editors the opportunity to add something more into their images, whether it to be to add 'fireworks' into their background or have a 'smoke' effect over their images depending on what their aim is.




These next two images show how Pixlr also provides borders and stickers for images. Although, stickers are not vital within my individual magazine design, the borders would be helpful to establish a continuous border size  throughout my magazine.


Finally, Pixlr further offers the use of text over an image which is vital in my development of my music magazine. This 'type' folder provides another seven folders all with a variety of text types within to choose from.







'Canva' is also an online editor that provides the layout for the specific piece of media you're developing whether it may be a magazine, flyer or poster.
 
 
 
I have chosen the magazine design which would help in my development of my front cover of my indie- pop magazine. Although, some of 'Canva's' features are not free and so it is more difficult to design my magazine with the use of all of the features as most are unavailable to me. Although this software may be more useful than 'Pixlr' as it'll provide a more professional look to my music magazine through the use of the layouts/templates although I will be using 'Pixlr' to edit my images before uploading them onto 'Canva' to make the magazine itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment