Tuesday 11 October 2016

History of 2 Music Magazines

V magazine was launched in 1999; this magazine was made off the limited edition magazine of Visionarie. V relies on the bases of its visual effects therefore the magazine is visually-driven and the main image on the front cover is a large factor into what they magazine is about. The magazine does not only focus on music but fashion, art, film, as well as other features. Here I have chosen two pop icons as the main image of the magazine although the magazine does feature indie music. Indie music is a genre I am interested in pursuing for my own music magazine as well as pop and so V magazine is a good example of both these genres. The use of the V over the main image is unique and is eye-catching.
Wonderland magazine is independently published which offers a unique perspective on talent across pop culture, such as, fashion, film, art and music. It was first published in 2005. This magazine appeals to both females and males in the age range of 22-35; the magazine writes that they're "about inspiring, rather than dictating their readers." Once again I have chosen two pop icons on the cover of this magazine, although in my opinion I believe this style of image and its effects match the indie genre more; with my own magazine I will be following an indie style of music magazine to contrast with my genre of pop music, which is similar to that of Wonderland magazine. These specific covers are very simplistic in the text and so the focus is on the main image. The two main images portray the pop artists differently to the way other magazines such as "top of the pops", Wonderland portrays the artists in a new way by contrasting their pop genre with an indie genre appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment