Tuesday 24 January 2017

The effects of fonts and graphics

 
The font, Abril Fat-face, shown on the left, is a bold, statement font which would stand out well on my music magazine front cover. The font is similar to the one below although each letter's contrast is more bold and therefore will catch potential buyer's eyes.
The Alike font is very similar to the Abril Fat-face font although the contrast is different; it is much less eye-catching and looks a lot more formal in that it won't match the style of my indie-pop magazine.
Similarly, the Allura font, I believe does not match the style or conventions of an indie-pop music magazine. The handwritten style conveys an informal tone which would be more appealing to consumers as it is portrayed as more personal; although, this specific font is very neat and I believe would be more effective on a classical music magazine rather than an indie-pop magazine. A font similar to this but handwritten in a more relaxed style would convey my music magazine's genre more effectively.
The Economica font is bold and the letters have a smaller width than the previous fonts as well as a smaller weight to each letter. I believe this font would be effective being included within my indie-pop music magazine, it is very simplistic yet appealing to potential consumers of the magazine.
The next font, Gleggo, is very similar to that of Alike, although the width is less, the contrast is less and the weight of the letters is also less.





The Julius Sans One font has a very small weight to the letters, a very low contrast but with a larger width of each letter. It is very clear and bold in some respects although for my magazine I would like the font I use to be bold enough to see from a distance so that passing potential customers eye's are caught by the bold font and then they will buy the magazine.

This last font in Londrina Shadow is not the style of font I wish to include within my magazine; in my opinion this bubble-style font is much more appealing for teen pop music magazines. As my music magazine is indie-pop and is for the more mature I would like a font that would represent that clearly on the front cover.
 These graphics below are those I wish to include within my music magazine; the diamond shape graphic is very effective in the different styles I can create with my colour scheme on my front cover whilst not being too bold or invasive, this is a similar convention of the two of the three at the bottom as the last graphic, the one that is block black, is too invasive as it would cover some of the main image. therefore, I believe I will be using the top graphic and maybe one of the two that are less bold than the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment