Tuesday 20 December 2016

Original Images Analysis


The first few images were taken within a local park, I choose this location and had my model stand in the middle of the pathway to introduce symmetry into my images. The model is holding a guitar to convey that it is a music magazine and to further convey that they are an artist.
In the first four images on the left the model is looking at the guitar and moving naturally between images as if she is playing the instrument. The first three images are mid-close up images, by doing this there is still obvious symmetry, you can see the model clearly and there is not a lot of focus on the busy background as the location was in the middle of a built up area.
Within other images I zoomed out from the mid-close up to create a wide shot to emphasise the symmetry of the trees and the amount of space around the model/artist. I then continued to use this wide-shot angle/frame as I wanted to take a variety of shots and by having some images more zoomed out I have the choice to crop the image to fit the magazine whilst editing my chosen images.

In other images, the model/artist turns her head more towards the camera although there is not direct address from the model within these images. I took these as action shots to imply within my magazine the natural state of these artists performing or busking as they may have before they succeeded in their career. Therefore, this further places emphasis on my indie-pop genre as music related to this genre are quite acoustic and in a way by taking images in a natural setting, along with the guitar and everyday clothing I am able to convey my artists like the genre, back to basics and raw.

I then changed my technique by taking the picture portrait to further provide myself with a variety of images to ensure I have an alternative set of images in case one of the previous landscape images cannot be edited to fit my magazine's design. Although, within this portrait images the model/artist does begin to create direct eye-contact which therefore establishes a direct mode of address and personal connection with the readers/audience. I then took my images so they were landscape again; although I zoomed in a bit more to get a mid close-up shot where the artist/model is making direct eye contact. At this point within the photo shoot the model changed the position of her head and angles it more upwards and clearly shows her face along with direct eye contact.

I then changed to my next location; the park bench is representative of the artists relaxed, raw music style as it is very simplistic and can be described as a natural image as the artist is implied to have started off busking in her local areas and performing in the local bars etc.
I then changed the shot by zooming out to the long-mid shot so that this yellow, fallen post that conveys a rustic, abandoned tone to the images which is common within indie-style images.

After taking more images on the bench with close-up shots of the model/artist I then changed my location to a tree within the park; to place more emphasis on the season of autumn I attempted to include more leaves into the images although in my original image post you can see that these images were not successful and therefore I decided to have the model sit on the floor and have the model as the main focus although obvious use in the background of the autumn leaves. I then used a variety of shots within this setting of mid-shots and close-ups to create a wider variety.
The next location I used the similar techniques of using a wide range of shots against a black wall; the black wall gave my images a very simplistic look and therefore placed all the focus onto the artist/model.
There is very similar reasoning for the next four locations as they were all quite simplistic and were not very busy background and therefore would place further emphasis on the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment